<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22581490?origin\x3dhttp://-erised.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
soulmates.
Profile



sookee

04071987
NTU, NBS

your thoughts?



Good Reads

Ade
Becky
Bena
Cheryl
Hana
Jacqueline
Jiani
Josephine
Laura
Michie
Minshan
Shir
Xin
Yeow Teck
Yihan
Yueru
Ziwan

rewind

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

credits

xxx

Thursday, June 14, 2007

So what have I been doing for the past few days? Hmmm I don't know if "a lot" is appropriate enough haha.

4B1 had a class outing last saturday at West Coast park! Hopefully it's not an annual one because we have promised Michie to organise another when she's back from Aussieland. Well anyway we had a BBQ session, like duh.

Chio Bu Gang minus Michie and Jiani.
Hsunting lost a LOT of weight because she was having diarrhoea. Then I want to have diarrhoea too hahaha.
Junjie got cheated! When he was booking he was shown pictures of a shady place and we just had to bring our own pits (cuz the rest with the proper pits were fully booked already) but in the end we had this tiny little spot covered by 16 square tiles as our place to barbeque for 20++ people. But I always loved barbequed food, no matter how sick I would get in the end. I was stuffing myself silly with bbqed marshmallows throughout the night and it was a very, very blissful feeling (x Oh Andy and Chengpeng did such a great job bbqing satays, nuggets, chicken wings, hotdogs, crab meat, chicken breast meat and the like. Yums.
AdeHo will KILL me when she sees this shot. I don't know what the hell is she doing lah!
The 4B1 girls who came! Sorry for the poor quality because I don't have any photo editing software in my lappie right now. Oh Junjie was just being an extra in there.
Left: Wenxing aka my Daddy
Right: Charles aka my Son
Ahhh, those were the days back in CTSS.
This shot is damn hilarious lah.
Gaddafi is unbelievably Tall.
He has to prove his strength too by piggy-backing Darius and Junjie.

And after that Reub came to pick me and we headed to (yes you guessed it right)Jurong Point to watch Ocean's 13!


You can say that it was much better than Ocean's 12 because at least I didn't fell asleep this time round like I did for Ocean's 12 haha. Don't know about Ocean's 11 I have yet to watch it. But everything seemed a bit exaggerated and unbelievable even though their plan was not without flaws because any situation would always be resolved somehow in the end. Oh well, that is the Ocean's power for you. But casinos are a little of a bore already, no?

Then on Sunday, I met up with a handful of my uni. friends. Yah really, there were only a handful haha. We met at City Hall and had dinner at Marina Square's ThaiExpress. After which we just chilled out at Starbucks. Annabel joined us only then because she was working (yes on a Sunday). Our topics were all fun and light-hearted, nothing too intensive like accounting and finance questions. Speaking of which, my results were out last Friday and I didn't get any A again! So cursed. Everybody around me has gotten at least one A in their first year of uni. it's so unfair I feel like crying (but i know i deserved it). I must work hardER next semester! All I hope for now is to get into my desired specialisation for year 2. Results (yet again) will be out next Monday! *fingers crossed* If not it'd be HR for me and I don't want to do that!

From left: Soon Tat (my 'FM tutor' who got like GPA 5.0 this sem I feel like slapping him), Me (being pretty as always), Annabel (she's SUPER animated, just like Baozeng), Gek Eng (tanned and skinny), Wen Ya (gigglish. gigglish. gigglish), Li Rong (she has been an amazing friend to me) and Ce Wei.


Just when I thought I had finally gotten a job that can last me till the end of July, something bad just have to happen.

Recruit Express actually got me this job as a Clients Service Assistant in Parkway Laboratories Services Ltd at Ayer Rajar and I was told that my job scope included PICKING UP CALLS AND SERVING CUSTOMERS which fitted the bill of my position perfectly. But I got the shock of my life on Monday when I started work. I was told that since I did not have the "biomedical" knowledge to answer the customers' questions (yeah I reckon they'd ask some REALLY chim stuff) when they called or to enter JUST DATAS into the computer (I didn't know you need knowledge for data entries), I can only sort out test tubes containing God-Knows-What of the patients from various hospitals and clinics. And the God-Knows-What contents were revealed to me shortly after I was told of my actual job scope there. There were blood (some testing for HIV), urine and stool and we had to be write short forms for each type of sample in the different test tubes. So the short form for stool is st and since Soon Tat's MSN nick was st (he just changed to tat, thank God) I told him I was writing his initials throughout the day at work. But he was not amused when he heard that st stands for stool haha. Anyway that was IT. I'm definitely not working there! But I had a contract with Recruit so I still went back to work on the following day but not before I called and told my agent I wanted to quit because the job was not what they had described. Super pissed. So of course the contract was void since they themselves have breached the root of the contract which was to let me have an admin job (I was telling Darl I would take out my Biz Law textbook and argue with them should they not let me discontinue with the job haha). So now all I gotta do is to go back and let the person-in-charge (whose name is Lana and a total insult to Lana Lang from Smallville) sign my timesheet in order for me to collect my pay from Recruit. I hate!

So I'm back to my jobless status again on Wednesday. What a great timing because I had a date with Fel that day hehe. Willy and Reub tagged along too. Well actually Fel was on a mission to help Willy look for a necklace for his girlfriend. In the end we alllllllll settled for this lovely elegant necklace from Lee Hwa and it was on 40% discount, 30% from GSS and 10% because Reub had some Citibank card so the necklace cost $253 after all the discounts. What a good buy (: So we proceeded to carry out my date with Fel at Kuishin-Bo, this totally awesome Japanese restaurant serving buffet-style at Suntec. Too bad SOMEBODY doesn't really adore Japanese cuisine yet want to act strong but in the end we still forced him to tell us the TRUTH so in the end END we went to Sizzlers. Well it was considered a buffet too, mini salad buffet lah. Haha nonetheless we had fun because we had so much food that we almost felt like puking. Yikes, that is so Yueru lor. After the heartening dinner, we caught Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer!

It was better than what I had expected because the duration of the movie was quite short. Jessica Alba is too hot =D

I'm sorry for the lack of timely updates, such that one entry is always so looooooooooong. Oh by the way I worked as a 1-day receptionist at Johnson & Johnson today haha.


10:51 PM